Friday, July 16, 2010

Break the Champagne Bottle!

Metaphorically speaking, of course. Christening this blog by literally breaking a champagne bottle over my laptop would just be foolish for...obvious reasons. I guess it would be kind of cool, but as a college student I barely have enough money to pay for school, let alone a new computer. Besides, champagne is expensive. Anyway. Hoo-ray for the first post! And let me start off by saying welcome to Oktopus Ink!

And yes, I know “Oktopus” is spelled wrong.

As this is my first blog, you’ll have to bear with me as I get used to the format and style of Google’s Blogger. For a while now I’ve wanted to start a blog, and since I spend most of my time reading YA Fiction/Children's, I figure why not do a blog about books? I like reading, and I like talking about what I read—nay, scratch that, I LOVE talking about what I read, so it seems like a match made in heaven. I’ll start with one book a week, and hopefully evolve into two books a week in the near future if I can spare the time. Some books that I review may not be hawt-off-the-press, but I will try to review things that are relatively new to the shelf or part of a current fad. Though...whether they deserve the popularity may be up for debate (I'm thinking about Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series). At the end of each review I’ll rate each book on a scale of one to eight tentacles, one tentacle meaning the book was not worth my time and eight tentacles meaning the book was god-like. Cute, no?

So again, welcome to Oktopus Ink, where I prefer to keep the ink ON the page. ;3