Friday, March 25, 2011

Mar. 25th Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop



Follow Friday is a meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View. Every week, book bloggers have a chance to connect and check out each other's blogs. Check it out to sign up and participate, or just check it out to check out some great blogs! This is my ninth week participating. This week's question:

Inspired by the Twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us 5 book related silly facts about yourself.

Oooh, fun! Okay, here it goes:
  1. I make faces when I read. If I'm reading a funny scene, I'll grin. If I'm reading a scene where the character is getting the crap kicked out of them, I wince like I was the one getting punched.
  2. I have more books on my shelf that I haven't read than I have, and yet I still continue to buy more.
  3. Even though I've read a bunch of angel books in the past few months that I've enjoyed, I can't bring myself to admit that I like the genre.
  4. I've become very picky about my book covers. If I have multiple books in a series, then they have to match.
  5. My favorite place to read is in the bathtub.

And if you do one Follow Meme, why not do two? The more the merrier! The Book Blogger Hop is a meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books. Like Follow Friday, It's a place for book bloggers to connect, and "hop" from one another's blogs to get to know each other. Jennifer also asks a question to kick off the conversations. This is my tenth Book Blogger Hop. This week's question:

If you could physically put yourself into a book or series...which one would it be and why?
Ahhh...this is a tough one. Even though it's tempting to say The Tortall books by Tamora Pierce, I think I'm going to have to go with Harry Potter on this one. Since I was 11, I've dreamed of going to Hogwarts. Seriously, I was actually disappointed when my birthday came and went and I didn't receive a letter. I think it would be amazing to explore the castle, learn magic, and hang out with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Oh, and have a pet owl. I like owls. Especially barn owls.
To all of you returning visitors, thanks again for stopping by my blog, and to all you new visitors, welcome! If you leave a link to your website I'll be sure to check it out over the weekend. Until then, happy Friday!