Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm Baaack!

Hi guys! As the title of this post suggests, I'm back! I'm officially done with my blogging break and ready to hop back on the blogging train. CHOO CHOO!

...Okay, I know that was lame. Really lame. But I can't help it; even though I enjoyed my break, I've missed chatting about books. Now, with that having been said, I have a couple of announcements to make regarding Oktopus Ink.

I've made some changes to my blog. First, you'll notice that the Inky Awards Page is gone. As of today, Oktopus Ink is no longer accepting awards unless they're from an official contest or institution, like the Teen Choice Awards (a girl can dream). Nothing personal or anything, but some of the awards have gotten spammish and I don't really want to encourage that. Also, even though I loved receiving the awards (the positive feedback and support made me all gooey inside), I don't want people to think that that's the only reason why I blog.

Second, I've added a Books To Trade page. My shelves are starting to overflow and I need to get rid of some of the books that I have. There are lots of new books on the list, like Firelight, Torment, and Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, so check it out! Send me an email if you're interested. Even if you don't have one of the books that I'm looking for, I'm open to offers.

Third, I've updated The Rating System and the About and Contact pages. Nothing major, but I did add a picture of me in Disney World to the About page. Now you can see my pasty white Midwestern legs in all of their glory. (I don't tan easily. And by easily, I mean at all...even when I try.) :P

And last, but not least, I'll be adding some new, interactive features to my blog. So far I have two planned: a weekly discussion about something related to book or publishing culture, and a "Who Would Win?" discussion, where I'll put two characters against each other and you guys can tell me who would win and why. Other features might be added if I have the time, but we'll see how the bookish discussion and Who Would Win questions go. I'll post the first ones sometime next week.

So that sums it up for now. Thanks for your patience and support everyone! I look forward to catching up with the blog-o-sphere. :) *flies off to go sift through the hundreds of posts in Google Reader*