Friday, April 8, 2011

Bring on the Read-a-thon!

Yuuup, that's right, folks! This season I decided to be one of the few, the proud, the brave, to particpate in Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon! Honestly, I can't think of better way to spend my day, especially after a tough week of tests. I'm really excited. I'm hoping to burn through a few of the books that have been sitting on my shelf since, like, FOREVER, and I'm hoping to catch up on a few of the "must read series" that are floating around the blogosphere right now. Here's a look at the pile I've picked out for tomorrow (though, knowing me, I'll probably wander on over to my bookshelves and mix and match books as the event goes on):






I'm especially looking forward to reading Demonglass (and throwing a fit once I reach the second worst cliffhanger in existence), Vespers Rising, and A World Without Heroes. I haven't had a chance to read the Fablehaven series yet, but I hear that Brandon Mull is an awesome author.

Anyway, totally let me know if you're participating tomorrow, and leave a link to your blog/twitter account so I can follow you. We can cheer each other on when the going gets tough! ;) You can also follow me on twitter at @oktopusink. I'll be starting my journey around 7AM.